North West Kent
The North West Kent Countryside Partnership was developed out of a desire to the help the environment and local community.
Kent High Weald
The Kent High Weald Partnership is pioneering a range of projects that bring together habitat management and a better understanding of the High Weald Landscape.
Since 1988 we have delivering these aims through many practical conservation projects throughout the Medway catchment and in the boroughs of Maidstone and Tonbridge & Malling.
Mid Kent Downs
The Mid Kent Downs Countryside Partnership is a not-for-profit organisation that gives support and advice for countryside conservation projects in the central part of the Kent Downs Area.
Medway Swale Estuary
A not-for profit organisation established in 2000, centred around the understanding, conservation and promotion of the estuary’s natural and historical environments.
The Kentish Stour Countryside Partnership works closely with landowners and local communities to promote both landscape and nature conservation, and develop opportunities for appropriate access and informal recreation.
Romney Marsh The Fifth Continent is known for its natural beauty, the diversity of its habitats, rich history, extensive coastline and its sheep.
The White Cliffs Countryside Partnership was set up to help conserve and enhance the special coast and countryside of Dover and Shepway districts, and make it accessible to all.
Countryside Management Partnerships help manage habitats and landscapes, and link communities to those areas. Their work includes:
- Helping communities conserve landscape features and wildlife habitats
- Managing special habitats in Kent, such as chalk grassland and lowland meadows
- Providing volunteering opportunities for people of all ages
- Working with landowners and local communities to raise funds for projects
- Working with local communities and Kent’s public rights of way department to improve access and recreation
- Encouraging landowners to play a positive role in enhancing the Kent countryside
- Site visits, talks and presentations
- Working with schools and youth groups.
Contact your local partnership to see which services they offer.